Working within the beauty and hair removal industry, I often get asked why I prefer to wax over shaving. Personally, I don’t have the time to shave as often and with my sensitive skin I find that my skin is more prone to skin irritations on the odd occasion that I have shaved. Also, although shaving is relatively painless, there is the chance of getting razor rash and cuts especially if you’re in a rush!
If you’re a newbie to waxing, my tip is to start off by following the instructions and perform a test patch on a larger area of your body such as your legs or arms. Give yourself a few sessions to get used to the waxing process. You’ll get the hang of it in no-time and will love the long-lasting smooth skin benefits. ?
“You’ll get the hang of it in no-time and love the long-lasting smooth skin benefits!”
Here are my top benefits of waxing over shaving:
- Waxing will make your skin feel smoother longer without that prickly feeling.
- The smooth results last longer than shaving because it removes the hair from the roots.
- For many, waxing makes the hair grow slower and finer.
- Contrary to popular belief, waxing is not always painful. if you do it right, and hold the skin taut when pulling off the strip it is almost pain-free.
- Waxing is fast and convenient. Certain products such as our original Nad’s Natural Hair Removal Gel is a no heat gel wax and washes away with water.
- Waxing wins over shaving when you consider that DIY waxing every 6-8 weeks (estimated time of re-growth) for only a few dollars more, saves you a lot of time in life. Time is money, so in my opinion waxing is a better saving.
- Skin is less susceptible to irritations associated with shaving. You can also use, Nad’s Ingrow Solution to help minimise ingrown hairs, irritation, redness and bumps caused by hair removal.
- No cuts or nicks that can leave you with scars.
Think twice before you pick up the razor again and why not brave it with an at-home DIY waxing session instead!